You are here
Design and Innovation STEM Program
The New York Academy of Sciences is proud to offer the Design and Innovation STEM Program from August 20-24, 2018. Over the course of five days, students in 5th-8th grades will work alongside scientists from some of New York City’s leading institutions in a range of hands-on activities to expand their skills in multiple STEM areas.
- Using the Innovation Challenge model, where students will identify a real-world topic they are passionate about and work to come up with creative solutions.
- Learning about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and how they apply in NYC
- Opportunities to meet STEM professionals working in the field
- Exploring the fun in STEM!
Over the course of this five-day STEM Program, students will gain:
- Leadership skills through STEM design challenges
- Communication techniques that allow them to share STEM concepts with their peers
- Scientific collaboration and engineering skills
- Teamwork and problem-solving experience
Students will receive a New York Academy of Sciences certificate of completion at the end of the program.